IMPORTANT KEY INFORMATION ABOUT CHISLEHURST MEDICAL PRACTICE PLEASE READ
The surgery is following the guidelines published by NHS England & Public Health England to protect and manage our staff and patients.
Links to Government and NHS Information about the Coronovirus outbreak are available on the homepage if you are concerned you may have symptoms.
Information sheet re data extraction
To try and reduce risk of infection we have taken the following steps - your co-operation and patience will be greatly appreciated
Telephone calls will be kept to a minimum to facilitate the practice helping as many patients as possible. The practice is operating with a decreased staffing number
- All patients requesting an appointment will be asked a series of questions by the Receptionist before an appointment is booked. Refusal to co-operate may result in us not being able to book your appointment.
- Please answer our questions honestly. Fraudulent responses could put our GP's, nurses, staff and patients in the surgery building at risk with the possibility that the building will require shutdown.
- All GP appointments offered will initially be via telephone consultation when your symptoms will be triaged by a clinician and appropriate decisions made regarding your care
- Appointment booking by online access for face to face appointments has been temporarily withdrawn
- The Surgery & Lloyds pharmacy have been overwhelmed by extra medication requests. Therefore there will be a delay on the turnaround time. Please expect some items to take up to a working week to issue
- The surgery will not issue extra or early medication
- Patients whose prescriptions are usually collected from us by the chemist or collect themselves will have their prescriptions sent to the pharmacy electronically (this is quicker) with immediate effect.
- Please consider the use of the econsult facility on the homepage wherever possible
- Requests for private letters, insurance reports and claim forms will be accepted but please be advised that there is likely to be a wait for these of up to 6 weeks or more during the outbreak
- The surgery will NOT issue private letters of 'vulnerability' for patients wishing to cancel their travel plans to areas outside the exclusion zones designated by the Foreign Office or being requested by travel agents.
- If you beleieve you should be on the extremely vulnerable list but have not received a letter from the government we suggest you visit
Unfortunately if your medical condition is not on the list we aren't able to
add you .The list is based on government criteria which we are unable to